Our HTML Snippet widget gives you a lot of flexibility to use a wide range of Snippets from a huge selection of 3rd party suppliers. Everything from image galleries, to shops, booking calendars as well as forms, polls and flip books.
- We are unable to provide developer support for third-party HTML codes that are added to Moonfruit sites as the codes have not been tested by Moonfruit.
- We recommend testing your HTML code before you publish on a test page.
- Click on 'Insert' in the main toolbar > 'HTML Snippet' in the left sidebar. The widget will be added to the page.
- Click on the 'Setup' tab from the floating Editor box.
- Paste the HTML code into the blank field (or come back once you've copied it to your clipboard).
- Click 'Apply'.
- If dimensions are supplied within the code the widget will ask you if you want to resize using the given dimensions - click: 'Yes'.
- 'Save' the page and view the widget by clicking 'View my site' in the top right corner.
NB: To copy/paste you can use either the browser's Edit tab > Copy and Edit tab > Paste tools, or you can use the keyboard shortcuts of Ctrl + C (copy) and then Ctrl + V (paste).
HTML Code Limitations
Within an HTML Snippet code is displayed on your live site within a sandboxed iframe. This way, visitors of your site are protected from the potential risks of custom HTML/JS/CSS code.
A sandboxed iframe will block the following:
- Browser APIs
- Plugins via <embed>, <object>, <applet>, or other
- Automatically triggered features (such as automatically playing a video or automatically focusing a form control)
Below are some third party widgets we recommend:
- Pictobrowser - integrates with Flickr and Picasa
- Issu - good for all sorts of publishing (but do checkout the Visual Inspiration section)
- Photo Snack - Slideshow allowing Flickr, FB, Picas and Instagram integration
Cookie consent banner