Before adding a post, make sure you have already created a blog page.
- Once created, click 'Blog' in the top toolbar.
- Choose the 'Dashboard' tab, underneath the toolbar. This is where you can create and publish your posts.
There are three post types to select from:
- Article - This will give you access to all the formatting options including images, text, headings, read more break and snippet tool.
Once you have chosen a post type, you can create your post. As well as adding text, you can add the following:
- Links - Highlight the text you want to become a link, then click the link icon. Add the full URL to link to, and click 'Apply'.
- Images - Click the image icon and choose an image from the File Manager, or upload a new one.
- HTML - Add standalone HTML code to your blog post by clicking the HTML snippet icon.
- Read More - Click the Read More link to create a break in the post. Anything added after the page break will be hidden in live view until the user clicks Read More.
Before publishing, you can also add:
- Comments - Allow/disable a comment widget underneath your post.
- Tags - Add tags to your post. This creates a tag link under your post in live mode, which when visitors click on will take them to a list of posts with that specific tag.
- SEO - Add SEO meta tags for your individual post.
Publishing a post
You can set the post to be published straight away, or set a specific date. While editing the post, click the 'Set date' radio button on the right hand side, then select the date.
If you need an article to be published in the future to coincide with an event you can create your post ahead of time and set the publication date and time. The post will publish automatically on reaching your specified date and time.