- First, if you have a domain name connected to your site, make sure you have a preferred site address selected. In the site editor, go to the Settings tab > Site Address in the left sidebar and choose a preferred site URL from the drop-down box.
- Sign into your Google account (or create one here) and go to the Webmaster tools homepage.
- Click 'Add A Property' > 'Add your site URL' (the preferred site address).
- Select the ‘Alternative methods’ tab and choose ‘HTML tag’, then click 'Verify'.
- Copy the full strip of code and log into your site editor in a separate window.
- Go to the 'Settings' tab and click the 'Site Integration' option.
- Click the Google Search Console 'Connect' option, paste the meta tag into the box and save.
- You should see a green tick showing that the setup is successful.
- To complete the setup: You must go back to the Webmaster tools page in Google and click 'Verify' to complete the setup.
Did this answer your question?