Use these guides if you have set up your mailbox with us, but would prefer to access your emails through Windows Live Mail 2011.
Before you begin
Make sure you can access mail directly through Webmail using your mailbox name/username and the password set for the mailbox.
Adding your mailbox
Click on your preferred configuration link for the guide.
- Reset your mailbox password (via your Domains management page). The password must be complex (avoid dictionary words), contain at least 8 characters (including at least 3 numbers and at least 2 special characters), or more than 16 characters. Please don’t use a space character or question mark in the mailbox password.
- Check if you have the same error when disabling your firewall and antivirus
- Check that you have chosen POP (not IMAP) for incoming mail
- Check that you have not activated SSL/authentication
- Check that your domain name is valid, registered with us, and not expired
- Check that you are using your full mailbox name as username, and not an alias or a forwarded e-mail address.
If you’re still experiencing problems do get in touch. You log a support ticket through your control panel, call 0345 653 9661 or Chat to us.