Creating shop categories will make navigating your shop much easier for your customers.
- From the 'Shop' tab > 'Product List', select 'Add a category'.
- Enter the desired category name, and tap the Return key on your keyboard (or click away from the text box).
- Deleting - Select the category from the list, then click the trash can icon. Deleting a category will not delete the products within it - the products will still be shown under the 'Show All' option, and any other categories they have been placed in.
- Arranging - To change the ordering in your category list, click, hold and drag a category up and down the list. Then drop it into place.
Adding a product to a category
- From the main product list click, hold and drag the three lined icon next to the product, and drop it over one of your categories.
- After adding the product, the category product count will be highlighted green.
Deleting a product from a category
- Click to select the category on the left > Select the down arrow button next to the product.
- Click 'Remove from Category' from the dropdown menu.
Linking to your categories
You can link to your category pages in three main ways:
- Category menu
- Body text/image
- Via your main menu
For more information read our step-by-step guides below.
Adding a category menu
- Go to Insert' in the main toolbar > 'Widget Library' in the left sidebar
- Click 'Shop Widgets'. Select one and click 'Use this' to embed the menu. The menu will automatically display the categories you set up.
Linking through body text
- Click to highlight your text, then via the floating Editor navigate to the 'Link' tab.
- Choose the cart icon and select a category to link to, then 'Apply' changes.
Linking via the main menu
- Go to 'Pages' > 'Add new' > Choose the 'Link' page type, and click 'Next'.
- Select the cart icon, choose a page to link to, then click 'Next'. Follow the remaining steps for your link to be added to the menu.