This is required if you want to continue managing your domain with your current provider. You can check who your registrar is here.
Connecting the domain will be done in two steps:
STEP 1 - Edit / change the DNS of you domain name by asking your domain registrar to make the following changes:
- Add a CNAME record named 'www', and point it to cdn.sitemakerlive.com. - with the dot at the end
- Change the root or 'apex' A record so that it points to 188.8.131.52
Note: You can even copy and paste those instructions in an email. Your registrar will know what to do.
GoDaddy and 1&1 may not require the '.' at the end of cdn.sitemakerlive.com. The pointing should work without it.
STEP 2- Manually add the domain to your Moonfruit site from the Editor.
Adding the domain to a Responsive site.
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the top tool bar.
- Click on Site address.
- Type the domain name in the Add your own domain name field.
- Click Connect domain.
Adding the domain to a V6 site
- Log into your site, go to ‘Admin’ on the top tool bar, then 'Site Address'. When the domain panel loads, type in your domain name and click 'Add'.
You can also choose a Preferred site address. This is the address you would like search engines to show in their listings. To set your own domain as the preferred address, just use the drop down menu and select from the list.
You can also add multiple domains, and use them to access the site. However, they will revert to the preferred address, when a user lands on the site.