You can create a Moonfruit account or login to an existing Moonfruit account by linking your Facebook or Google+ account to Moonfruit. With the click of a button your account details will be completed and you will be able to begin using your Moonfruit account to create websites and manage your domains. Social login requires you to confirm that Moonfruit has permission to retrieve your details from Facebook or Google+ in order to setup your account and you can disconnect your social logins from Moonfruit at any time.
Signing up using a social login
- Go to www.moonfruit.com to sign up.
- In the top-right of the page select sign up.
- The sign up prompt will open. Select Facebook or Google+.
- A prompt will appear requesting permission to access your public profile and email address. Select continue.
- A prompt will appear asking you to create a site name and site address - complete these fields.
Note: Your site name and site address should be unique so that they do not have the same site name or site address of an existing site name and site address. You will receive an error message if your chosen site name or address is already taken.
Managing your social logins from Account Settings
If you no longer want to use a social login for an existing Moonfruit account you can disconnect your social login via the Account Settings page in your Moonfruit dashboard - to do this however you must first create a password. Follow the steps below to disconnect your social logins.
- After logging into your Moonfruit account go to www.moonfruit.com/account.
- In the Create Password field enter a password for your account. Note: If you have already created a password for your account you can skip steps 2, 3 and 4.
- In the Retype Password field enter the same password you entered in the Create Password field.
- Select update to create your password.
- Under My social logins select disconnect on the social login you want to disconnect.
- You can connect a new social login by selecting connect on Facebook or Google+.
Can I revoke access to my social accounts without logging into my Moonfruit account?
Yes - you can do so by accessing your account settings in either Facebook or Google+ and going to the 'manage apps' section of the account settings. From there you can revoke access to third-party applications.
Which information does Moonfruit require access to from my social accounts?
To create a Moonfruit account using social login Moonfruit requires access to your public profile information and email address.